Anyway, I've seen the pics from the recently concluded Golden Globe awards. I have my favorite pics as well as those that I didn't like to much.
My favorites are:
1. Sandra Bullock - I love the glitzy meets girly look on her gown. It has silver shiny shimmering thing going on but the color (light pink) offsets it.
2. Olivia Wilde - if I have the body of Olivia, I would wear a ball gown everyday :p She can carry the weight of the gown with her figure and height... and have you seen the gold heels--- feels like a Cinderella moment... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
3. Anne Hathaway - what's up with shiny shimmering things??? :D (well, its GOLDEN Globes after all :p) good for her she wears the dress... not the other way around... it is conservative on the front... but the surprise is actually at the back---think if they remove 2 more inches, we would have seen more than just the back :D
4. Angelina Jolie - similar concept from Anne's gown... but it is more conservative and it is in an amazing emerald color. I'm not a great fan of green, but it suits Angelina just fine... and it's a color you don't get to see on her often (she wears a lot of black!)
The one I don't feel at all:
1. Michelle Williams - I know my blog states quirky... and it is a quirky outfit... I should love it then, right? But there is just something about it that I don't like - the color (it's a bit bland), the print (it's too daytime for an evening ceremony), and the overall shape (I don't want to gain an additional 10 pounds because my dress have ruffles on the side). I think she's going for something unique to go with her amazing pixie cut hair, but sorry to say, for me, her effort just went flat :(
2. Natalie Portman - I think every entertainment news show is excited to see what Natalie Portman will wear because she is the one expected to win Best Actress... and alas, she wears something that looks like a bridesmaid dress only with big red rose accent at the center (which I don't get either). Some may like this dress, but again, this is just my personal opinion. Good thing she's glowing because of her growing baby bump :)
3. Helena Bonham Carter - I don't have words to describe the dress(sack/wrap/God knows what)!... and don't even go to the (mismatch)shoes!IF there is one good thing about her... she's consistent in her fashion choices :D
Got to love this award shows... gives us something to talk about (fashion-wise) :D
My items for the day have nothing to do with Golden Globes but instead, my long lost promise.... pics of the items I bought from Vietnam :P I only have 2 of the 5 items but at least I fulfilled my promise (half of it anyway).
Love the rose access (on the side) and the print
The material is chiffon - very light and airy :)
Blouse/tunic/short dress (also in chiffon). Love the bohemian feel to it
Until next time! (hopefully tomorrow :D)